Possible incompatibility with the older 8-Channel XPS receiver and OpenTx and XJT-D16
Jim,

I have a perfectly working Nano/X10+v2 setup with a Jumper T12 Pro transmitter running OpenTx 2.3.10 and XPS XJT-J1 firmware v4.4.

I wanted to use the X10+v2 in another plane so I replaced the Nano/X10 with one of my older 8-channel XPS receivers.

I first used the push button method to set the factory defaults in the 8-channel receiver.  Then I verified the country code was #1 for USA.  Then I configured all of the channels for failsafe user-settable.

The 8-channel receiver binded successfully to the transmitter and all of the servos worked, until I noticed some random loss of control on all channels.  I first thought I had the transmitter located too close to the receiver and was swamping the receiver, but that was not the case.  I moved to about ten feet apart and still observed the random loss of control.  With the range check button on the Tx module pressed I could get no more than about one foot of effective range!

I tried another older XPS 8-channel receiver with the same loss of control result.

Then I tried the Nano/X10 again and with the same transmitter it worked perfectly.

Then I tried binding the older 8-channel XPS receiver to my Futaba 9C transmitter with its XPS Tx module and it worked perfectly.  That gave me an idea:

I configured the Jumper T12 and XPS-J1 module to use PPM instead of XJT-D16 and it now worked perfectly with the older 8-channel XPS receiver.

So I think there is some incompatibility between the older XPS 8-channel receiver, and OpenTx, XJT-D16, XPS-J1.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Paul

(yes it was raining all day so I had time for this sort of thing)

Messages In This Thread
Possible incompatibility with the older 8-Channel XPS receiver and OpenTx and XJT-D16 - by flyingw - 04-11-2021, 03:57 PM