Which Connector: CN1 or CN3
Hello Jim

You are mistaken. Like the MC-22 and MC-24, the MC-19 has identical signal levels and transmission protocols on the four-pin connector. These are differently colored in white, blue or black. These plugs are always of the identical mechanical size and pin assignment.

I have converted about 15 MC's from 35 and 40 MHz to iFS in the last few years. I also got the German instructions as PDF from H. Helbig (chief developer Graupner and now probably at HOTT). I definitely know how conversions are done with normal iFS conversion kits.

After I had destroyed a transmitter board by a water damage I could cheat my wife that I need a spare part. By chance, this original XPS transmitter board from a MC-19 iFS was offered on E-Bay. Since I had never seen such a part, despite my high knowledge about iFS parts, it was purchased immediately. Nobody could answer my question because this part was apparently only originally installed in the transmitter and not sold as a retrofit.

Currently I have an original MC-19 iFS, a MC-22 converted from 35 MHz to iFS and a MC-12 not intended for conversion with former 40 MHz in use. Even my MC-12 which was never intended for conversion works even with channel extensions with all my different iFS receivers.

The four pin connector on the transmitter main board is blue on my MC-19, white on my MC-19 and black or white on the previous MC-24s.
As you can see, I still have enough parts with really all the different additional parts to be able to convert quite a few MC's. By the way, the antennas and antenna cables are from you. Could get me a colleague who lives in the U.S. and then handed them to me on a business trip.

Now again my question. In which port CN1 or CN3 is the four-pin plug normally inserted? I do not want to destroy a transmitter board or even this rare unique piece by wrong connection.

On the pictures you can see my various MC's in the opened state. With my MC-22 I even made a special wiring to direct the transmit signal either into my socket for a flight simulator or to the conversion board of iFS. There should be some knowledge if you do this on your own.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Which Connector: CN1 or CN3 - by haegartiger - 08-11-2021, 11:13 AM
RE: Which Connector: CN1 or CN3 - by XPS - 08-13-2021, 08:49 PM
RE: Which Connector: CN1 or CN3 - by haegartiger - 08-19-2021, 01:19 PM
RE: Which Connector: CN1 or CN3 - by XPS - 08-19-2021, 09:30 PM
RE: Which Connector: CN1 or CN3 - by haegartiger - 08-22-2021, 12:54 PM
RE: Which Connector: CN1 or CN3 - by XPS - 08-22-2021, 08:14 PM