RFU push button has no effect
Jim,

I have an RFU working in conjunction with an X10+v2 that is currently bound to one of my transmitters.  This RFU and X10 setup works perfectly to operate the controls.

I wanted to bind the RFU to a different transmitter by following this procedure:

1. Power on the RFU by powering up the X10+v2 to which it is currently connected
2. Observe flashing red LED
3. Press the button until the LED turns solid green

With the button pressed, the RFU's LED just kept flashing red and never went into binding mode.  I tried several times, even holding it for as long as ten seconds - no change from flashing to green.

Could the push button have gone bad?

Note that that the RFU is currently configured with its failsafe OFF and is talking Xtreme Fast to the X10+v2. 

I tried again after disconnecting the RFU from the X10 and applied power directly using a 4.8v battery.  Same behavior - red flashing LED, but no change to green after pushing the button.

Please tell me if there is something I'm doing wrong, or if the RFU needs to be repaired.  Thank you,

Paul
The button could just be dirty. Place a drop of isopropyl alcohol or contact cleaner directly on the button and then work it in by repeatedly pressing and releasing the button. Make sure you are using our Radio Tool or something large enough to actually be pushing the button down.
A drop of alcohol and some repeated presses and releases cleaned the contacts and it now works again!

Thanks,

Paul

p.s. Yes I use the XPS radio button pushing tool