EEPROM Corrupt message with XPS-J1 module
Jim,

When I use the XDP to review the settings on my two XPS-J1 transmitter modules, I get this error message:

Note that the radio control function works perfectly, and I did not reset the module to defaults as the message says.

Is it just an "out of date" situation, or is there something really wrong and I need to reset to default and program again?

Thanks,

Paul
Some firmware updates require that you reset the EEPROM after the update. If you didn't do this with a previous update this error can be shown.
Ok I'll give it a go and default it.

Since the settings in the newly reset Tx module would be the same as before, would it be necessary to bind to all receivers again?
Still getting the error message.  Here is the procedure I used:

I put the transmitter into XDP mode:

1. Put the transmitter module into XDP mode by powering it up while holding the button, and waiting for the LED to cycle through the green color, then red, and then release the button when the LED turns orange

2. Connect the XDP program

3. When clicking on the "View and change Settings" field, the settings page comes up and also the EEPROM corrupted message

4. I click OK to remove the error message

5. Then I click on the "Reset to Defaults" button

5. Then I change the hopping mode to full time FCC

6. Then I download back to the EEPROM which I reckon writes the changes to the transmitter module

7. After a power cycle I put the transmitter module into programming mode (red LED) and change the input mode to XJT-D16 (two blinks)

8. Then another power cycle, and bind a Nano receiver and successfully operate a servo

9. Power cycle again and put the transmitter module into XDP mode (orange LED)

10.  connect to the XDP, and I get the EEPROM corrupted error message again

Maybe I'm not using the correct procedure.  Can you please clarify it for me?

Note that I do not get the EEPROM corrupted error message when connecting and viewing settings on the XDP with the Futaba transmitter module.

My main question is:  Is the system safe to fly despite the display of the error message?

Thanks,

Paul
You have to UPLOAD (not DOWNLOAD) the EEPROM to save the changes back to the EEPROM.

However, the issue is changing the mode to XJT-D16. That mode was never supported by the XDP software and so the checksum error is generated.
Ok, so the system is safe to fly despite the checksum error with the XDP. Thank you, Paul
Yes, the checksum doesn't matter for the module's operation.