AutoMatch™
Jim, it's been a couple years but I'm stuck again. I have Bluebird BLS-4311 servos, 2 in each wing. They require the unplugging routine because of their failsafe. I had them matched and working fine for 3 years until one stripped out gears, don't know why. I got another one and while trying the match routine again it started the process but the aileron never moved more than a quarter inch while it was balancing. After 3 or 4 minutes it stopped and seemed to function OK but I wasn't sure because it didn't go through the entire range of motion. I tried again and I guess managed to break the new servo. It just stopped working, plugged it into working ports and it's done. I'll send it back for a return and try again someday.

Any guesses as to why the new replacement servo was working and then not during a second attempt at Automatching?

Question, in your video you turn off the slave servo in the output ports menu. Is that neccessary if I'm plugging and unplugging the servos because of the failsafe issue?

From the manual:

After selecting the Setup Master option, plug in just the master servo, make all of your adjustments, (meaning centering the servo so the aileron is neutral and the end points to whatever degree of angle I want, correct?)  unplug the master servo, and then exit the Setup Master option.

After selecting the Setup Slave, plug in just the slave servo, make all of your adjustments  ( would I just be centering so it's close? Aren't the end points going to match the master servo during the Automatch?) , unplug the slave servo, and then exit the Setup Slave option.

After selecting Start AutoMatch, plug in just the master servo, and setup the end points (Meaning move the stick to the far ends, correct?). Setup the master's center position by not moving the sticks (After moving the sticks to the left and right just leave it in the middle for a few seconds or ?). At this point, plug in the slave servo, and press the ENTER button to actually start the AutoMatchTM process.

Thanks,

Jim Clabaugh
(12-28-2023, 04:59 PM)jimfergie Wrote: Jim, it's been a couple years but I'm stuck again. I have Bluebird BLS-4311 servos, 2 in each wing. They require the unplugging routine because of their failsafe. I had them matched and working fine for 3 years until one stripped out gears, don't know why. I got another one and while trying the match routine again it started the process but the aileron never moved more than a quarter inch while it was balancing. After 3 or 4 minutes it stopped and seemed to function OK but I wasn't sure because it didn't go through the entire range of motion. I tried again and I guess managed to break the new servo. It just stopped working, plugged it into working ports and it's done. I'll send it back for a return and try again someday.

Any guesses as to why the new replacement servo was working and then not during a second attempt at Automatching?

Question, in your video you turn off the slave servo in the output ports menu. Is that neccessary if I'm plugging and unplugging the servos because of the failsafe issue?

YES, that is absolutely necessary - otherwise the servo will not be used in the AutoMatch!  The X24 will try to drive that servo by itself independently of anything else going on.

From the manual:

After selecting the Setup Master option, plug in just the master servo, make all of your adjustments, (meaning centering the servo so the aileron is neutral and the end points to whatever degree of angle I want, correct?)  unplug the master servo, and then exit the Setup Master option.

YES, you set the master servo options.

After selecting the Setup Slave, plug in just the slave servo, make all of your adjustments  ( would I just be centering so it's close? Aren't the end points going to match the master servo during the Automatch?) , unplug the slave servo, and then exit the Setup Slave option.

YES, just like you did with the master servo.

After selecting Start AutoMatch, plug in just the master servo, and setup the end points (Meaning move the stick to the far ends, correct?). Setup the master's center position by not moving the sticks (After moving the sticks to the left and right just leave it in the middle for a few seconds or ?). At this point, plug in the slave servo, and press the ENTER button to actually start the AutoMatchTM process.

Watch the video again.  It walks through the entire process after selecting Start AutoMatch.

Thanks,

Jim Clabaugh