Mismatch after AutoMatch
So never changed anything except the servo group. I selected group 5 instead of group. I went through process again, did an automatch and IT WORKS!
Changing the servo group to 5 worked! Seems all good now.

A couple of questions so I don't screw anything up:

1. If, in the future, I need to adjust the aileron throw for any reason (like tweaking them to ensure they deflect the same number of degrees of deflection or I need some aileron differential), where should I do that? (i.e. on the tranny or do I have to do it on the X24 and redo the automatch again?)

2. Similar to #1, if I need to adjust the centering of the aileron slightly, where should I do that?

Jim thank you to you and your crew for helping me solve this. Now I can actually go fly. Let me know if there is anything else you think I should do.

Regards,

Robert
1) You can NEVER increase the throw (increase the end point) after doing an AutoMatch. You can decrease it, but not increase it. If you do, you have to re-do the AutoMatch. You always want the absolute maximum throws possible (without mechanical binding), and then set the end points where you want them permanently. Also, never change the end points in the transmitter (at all), or you have to re-do the AutoMatch. You always want to use the X24 for everything though because it uses a 65536 step resolution, compared maximum of a 4096 step resolution for high-end radio systems.

2) Centering/sub-trim is not an issue. The issue only pertains to end points.
(04-28-2021, 05:43 PM)XPS Wrote: 1) You can NEVER increase the throw (increase the end point) after doing an AutoMatch.  You can decrease it, but not increase it.  If you do, you have to re-do the AutoMatch.  You always want the absolute maximum throws possible (without mechanical binding), and then set the end points where you want them permanently.  Also, never change the end points in the transmitter (at all), or you have to re-do the AutoMatch.  You always want to use the X24 for everything though because it uses a 65536 step resolution, compared maximum of a 4096 step resolution for high-end radio systems.

2) Centering/sub-trim is not an issue.  The issue only pertains to end points.

Ok. Your answer to #1 is absolutely critical and tells me exactly what I need to do in order to be able to adjust the ailerons (reduce throw only) to get them the same. So I will set mine up for +/- 50 degrees then adjust them down to +/- 45 degrees.

So, I can adjust the aileron surface centering on my transmitter?

What does the fact that group #5 worked mean with respect to my X24?
We are not sure. It means that either there was a change to how you did the AutoMatch or the flash memory on the CPU for that group is not storing. However, we went and looked at the code and the AutoMatch data is verified after written (and you would get a screen that says to contact XPS immediately if that failed). So, bad flash memory is really not a possibility.