X10+
Hello Jim. I wanted to know if you think using the X10+ is ok for use in a 120cc 3D aerobatic plane. I have two of them and before I buy another X24, I was hoping I could use the X10+ instead.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Robert
We can't recommend using them for anything more than 30cc size aircraft. They were actually designed for small foamie jets, where you need a lot of outputs.
Thanks for your response. What is the criteria that makes it suitable for up to 30cc planes? I ask because the servo bus has been tested up to 80Amps which would make it sufficient even for 40% airplanes. I must be missing something. If you could let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Robert
Single battery input for one. You would never use a single battery input with anything larger than 30cc size, which is big enough to carry dual batteries.

80A is *barely* sufficient for a 40% size aircraft. Our 33% with 7 JR8611 servos pulls over 60A during a snap to snap maneuver. Larger servos, especially HV types can pull 100A during a high deflection maneuver.
Question 
Is it Ok to use one RFU with a Y harness to feed 2 X10's?  Or is there a better /safer way to do it?

One X10 in the fuse for the throttle, elevator, rudder, on-board glow, and the battery.  Then another X10 mounted in the wing for ailerons, flaps, and retracts as shown in the picture?

You can do that but we recommend powering the RFU using only one of the X10+ boards - so in your Y-cable, pull the power wire from one of that plugs going into either X10+.
(10-24-2021, 04:39 AM)XPS Wrote: You can do that but we recommend powering the RFU using only one of the X10+ boards - so in your Y-cable, pull the power wire from one of that plugs going into either X10+.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I must be doing something wrong as I have no power to the second X10 after cutting the power (middle red) lead on the Y harness to the second X10 board.  Nothing was done to the male to male wires.

RFU has 3 wires on it.  The one X10 with the battery connected to it has 3 wires on it and the other X10 has 2 wires on it (just brown and orange) as with the middle red is cut on the Y harness.    

thanks for your time and support

You need to power both X10+ units. The Y-cable is strictly for powering the RFU with one of the X10+'s, and providing signal back to both X10+'s.