binding troubles
For many years I have been using XPS receivers with XPS modules in Multiplex 3030 and 4000 series without a problem.To back up these ageing radios I purchased a Radiomaster Max edition so I could use an XPS  JR module and continue to use my XPS gear if these old radios ever failed.However,I am having trouble binding the modules to the receivers. One of the modules I purchased when the new batch became available recently and the other two came from an aeromodler in South Africa.(Iam not sure which is whitch now as I cant tell them apart) I have been able to bind one 10 chanel receiver to the radio but it wont always hold the bind when I turn it off,also the first chanel produces a third elevator chanel instead of an aileron. If I shift the chanels from 8 or 10 to chanels 2 to 9 I can sometimes get 8 working chanels.I have purchased the XPS gear over many years with only one return for upgrade quite some years ago,also I have not yet tried to bind any of the diversity receivers .Iam using the ppm setting on the Radiomaster with preset settings on delay and frame. I have not downloaded any new software to the radio,its only one week old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
All receivers will bind to all transmitter modules. However, not all receivers will "connect" with all transmitter modules. The reason? Any v1.x/2.x receiver is not compatible with any v3.x transmitter module unless, you change the transmitter module's hopping mode to be 1 (predictive). If the transmitter module's hopping mode is set to any other mode other than 1 then the receiver will not connect.

You can just do a RESET of the receiver to reset the channel mapping so all channels are mapped 1:1 to the output ports.
Thanks for the reply,I will read up on how to perform these procedures and give it a try,if not successful can I send the JR trany modules and the receivers I wish to use back to XPS for a suitable upgrade compatible for use with the Radiomaster? (The receivers will be the older 10 channel full range type)
You can always have any transmitter modules or receivers upgraded. That option is available in our online store.