JR XG11MV
Question 
Question.

Looking at this thread in RCG, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre...-XG11MV-Tx

I saw this in post numbers 4 and 5

Post number 4 by Antic Bipe
Hi Jim, does the XPS JR 11X module support all 11 channels when using the DSM modulation? Your module will however require an external aerial if used in the XG11MV. 

Post number 5 by you
Yes, it does support all 11 channels.

I am not sure if they use serial (115.2K baud) like some of the DSM modules require, or the manchester encoding that the JR11x uses.

So my question is could install your JR-11X internal module into the XPS-J1 case upgrade w/antenna connector and use that module in the XG11-MV to use it with a RFU or Nano when the XG11MV uses DSM mode?

thanks,
Bill
We never got a hold of one of these transmitters to test to see if works with our JR11x module. The only thing we know for sure is that our standard JR module works with PPM8 and PPM9.
I can always send you mine if you want.  Just let me know.
Are you in the U.S.? If so, we can look at it to see if it is the same Manchester encoding for the DSM mode. Our J11x module needs at lot of the code space for handling that protocol, so we may not be able to have it capable of switching between PPM mode and DSM mode, unlike what we can do with our standard JR module with being able to switch between PPM mode and XJT-D16 mode.
(06-28-2021, 12:54 AM)XPS Wrote: Are you in the U.S.?  If so, we can look at it to see if it is the same Manchester encoding for the DSM mode.  Our J11x module needs at lot of the code space for handling that protocol, so we may not be able to have it capable of switching between PPM mode and DSM mode, unlike what we can do with our standard JR module with being able to switch between PPM mode and XJT-D16 mode.

I am in New Jersey.  Some people consider it outside the US but we actually are in the US.  

I know you need to look at all options but I personally am only interested in the DSM mode.  I want to get all 11 channels on this XG11MV to work with all my XPS receivers just like my 11X currently does with your internal module. 

This is a little old and it is a review on the XG8.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOvPl3Qs268
About the 13:20 min he says "it uses the ZigBee chip or the protocols and is not to dissimilar to the chip and protocols that the XPS system was originally using."  So hopefully it is the same.
That information pertains to the RF system, which is exactly the same as our XtremeLink (we could make our receivers 100% compatible with JR DMSS or JETI Duplex systems).

The protocol from the radio itself to the module is what would have to be "DSM", which is typically Manchester, but it can also be serial. Until we see a transmitter, we would have no way of knowing.