Which Connector: CN1 or CN3
I managed to water my remote for the first time in 50 years. Shall happen is fortunately not defective.

As a result, I also immediately got myself a replacement transmitter board. Unfortunately without instructions.
Where would have to plug in the blue plug.

Either as in picture CN1 or picture CN3. This is also the name of the connectors on the board.

The board was in a MC-19, would also be suitable for a MC-22.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Those are not the same. The MC22 board transmitter has a different signal than the MC19.
Hello Jim

You are mistaken. Like the MC-22 and MC-24, the MC-19 has identical signal levels and transmission protocols on the four-pin connector. These are differently colored in white, blue or black. These plugs are always of the identical mechanical size and pin assignment.

I have converted about 15 MC's from 35 and 40 MHz to iFS in the last few years. I also got the German instructions as PDF from H. Helbig (chief developer Graupner and now probably at HOTT). I definitely know how conversions are done with normal iFS conversion kits.

After I had destroyed a transmitter board by a water damage I could cheat my wife that I need a spare part. By chance, this original XPS transmitter board from a MC-19 iFS was offered on E-Bay. Since I had never seen such a part, despite my high knowledge about iFS parts, it was purchased immediately. Nobody could answer my question because this part was apparently only originally installed in the transmitter and not sold as a retrofit.

Currently I have an original MC-19 iFS, a MC-22 converted from 35 MHz to iFS and a MC-12 not intended for conversion with former 40 MHz in use. Even my MC-12 which was never intended for conversion works even with channel extensions with all my different iFS receivers.

The four pin connector on the transmitter main board is blue on my MC-19, white on my MC-19 and black or white on the previous MC-24s.
As you can see, I still have enough parts with really all the different additional parts to be able to convert quite a few MC's. By the way, the antennas and antenna cables are from you. Could get me a colleague who lives in the U.S. and then handed them to me on a business trip.

Now again my question. In which port CN1 or CN3 is the four-pin plug normally inserted? I do not want to destroy a transmitter board or even this rare unique piece by wrong connection.

On the pictures you can see my various MC's in the opened state. With my MC-22 I even made a special wiring to direct the transmit signal either into my socket for a flight simulator or to the conversion board of iFS. There should be some knowledge if you do this on your own.

ALL of the transmitters are different and they have different code on the board, depending on if there are IFS or IFS-T, and if they are MC-19, MC-22, or MC-24.  We had different skews for every combination because nothing was cross-compatible.

We never provided "G1" boards like what you have installed in your transmitter, so we have no idea how that is suppose to work.  We only made modules specifically for each version of the Graupner transmitter.  The G1 modules were strictly for the Multiplex radios (Profi 4000 and EVO), although we do use that same module for our "Universal Module".  We made modules specifically for the MC-19, MC-22, MC-24, MX-16, MX-22, and MX-24, and none of those were using our "G1" module.

So, again,we can't answer your question because we never provided the modules the way you are using them.
Hello Jim

Your answer is unsatisfactory to say the least.

The standard transmitter module can be used for seven remote controls from Graupner. See also the two installation instructions which are valid for FM6014, MC-17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 22 and 24. The only difference in the scope of supply are additional small adapter cables or conversion boards with two connectors. That I also have a MC-12 with 40 MHz which is not normally intended for iFS and still works perfectly is only so mentioned in passing.

Since I have here probably a very rare piece of original iFS component, I have looked in my complete existing Graupner catalogs from 2000..... and lo and behold here I could see on a catalog picture exactly how to connect the XPS board with the type designation "MCxx iFS 24GHz".

I unscrewed the original iFS board of my MC-19 and put it aside and connected the original iFS transmitter board with the Graupner order number 23109 to the main board according to the catalog picture ..... it works.

Then with the latest software (Oh, finally a working software is also available on the homepage - so since about five weeks) viewed the transmitter firmware (was old: V 3.5) and subsequently updated to V 3.8.

Too bad that I was allowed to help myself after unsatisfactory inquiries for the repeated time .....

Will I be banned now, I fly out of the forum ? My absolute iFS enthusiasm suffers a bit.

Quote:Your answer is unsatisfactory to say the least.

Sorry, that reality is unsatisfactory you. 

What you show in some type of Graupner installation instructions is something that we DID NOT make for Graupner.  It looks like they used our Universal Module (which is what those boards were for - see your 2nd picture) at some point with their MC-xx transmitters.  Maybe as a stop-gap measure before their modules were done?  Maybe these were used when they ran out?  I don't know, this is news to me.  Again, we never made a setup like what is shown with the black mounting plate - EVER.  We only made boards, not boards and mounting hardware, and we didn't provide connectors or cable - that was all done by Graupner for their specific applications.  We did make four dedicated boards for Graupner: one for the MC-19/22, one for MC-24, one for the MX-16, and one for the MX-24. The board for the MC-19/22 is what you see in the rest of your pictures.  The firmware was different for all 5 transmitters (each could use different connectors on the same board depending on the transmitter model and features, hence CN1/CN2/CN3/CN4).  You can use a PPM output with our Universal Module with any transmitter.   We had no control of what Graupner did, and we really didn't keep track of what they were doing - they were located in Germany - it's not like we could just go knock on their door to see what they were up to.  They placed a PO, we shipped a product.  They wanted digital communications for their MC and MX transmitters, so that was created and shipped to them.

So, again, the information that was provided to you repeatedly in this thread is correct.