Binding trouble FRSKY D10
Jim, having problems binding a nano to the FRSKY - I have set it to XJT-D16, 18ms - when I follow procedure, the Tx module with show steady orange and the Nano stays rapid flashing red.  I do not understand what I can be doing wrong:

Power on Nano, add binding plug, solid red, remove binding plug, rapid red flash
Power on the Tx holding the prog button in - when power is fully on, release the prog - LED goes solid orange

Do I need to change a setting on either the Nano or the Tx?
Solid orange on the Tx module means no signal. Did you program the J1 transmitter module for XJT-D16 protocol?
(10-03-2022, 12:37 PM)XPS Wrote: Solid orange on the Tx module means no signal.  Did you program the J1 transmitter module for XJT-D16 protocol?

Tx was put in XJT D16 protocol.  Internal module OFF, External module ON

Nano in binding mode (rapid flashing red), power on Tx holding prog button in - when Tx is fully powered on the Tx LED is solid green, as soon as the prog button is released it goes solid orange.

Should I change back to PPM?

(BTW - even though I am subscribed to this thread with notification, I don't get notifications)
Did you program the J1 module itself to accept XJT-D16 mode? You have to tell it to use the XJT-D16 mode. Solid orange means that the signal going the module is invalid, which would indicate that you did not change the J1 module to use XJT-D16 mode.
(10-13-2022, 01:47 PM)XPS Wrote: Did you program the J1 module itself to accept XJT-D16 mode?  You have to tell it to use the XJT-D16 mode.  Solid orange means that the signal going the module is invalid, which would indicate that you did not change the J1 module to use XJT-D16 mode.

Is that done with XDP or somewhere else - can you point me to where that info is?
In the menu pages for the external module, I have changed the curser to both XJT and D16 and tried binding - no joy on either one
I have the internal module OFF, and the external set to either XJT or D16 and it will not bind, I can set it to PPM and it will bind, the frame rate is (I think) 22.5 or 23.5ms, 300u. Can I change that to 18ms and not change the u and would it make any difference?

And now of course I'm limited to 8 channels, not a problem for now but I would like to get all 16 at some point
(10-15-2022, 10:33 AM)j_whitney Wrote: I have the internal module OFF, and the external set to either XJT or D16 and it will not bind,  I can set it to PPM and it will bind, the frame rate is (I think) 22.5 or 23.5ms, 300u.  Can I change that to 18ms and not change the u and would it make any difference?

And now of course I'm limited to 8 channels, not a problem for now but I would like to get all 16 at some point

Not sure that I am reading your problem correctly, but it may help if you read the latest manual for the external module. I think it discusses setting output required there.  Smile
Thanks, I'll go check it out
You need to program the J1 module's input mode.  You have two choices, PPM or XJT-D16.  The input mode can be programmed using the push button programming and LED.

Put the module into push button programming mode (like for setting the power, hopping, and input mode). Red=power, green=hopping mode, orange = input mode. The default input mode is 1 flash (PPM). Set it to 2 flashes (XJT).

Once you do this, you MUST rebind any receiver you intend to use in XJT-D16 mode.